9 Things to Know Before You Visit Burj Khalifa During Solo Travel to Dubai
What do you think of when someone says Dubai? Umm, I will tell you what I think of – Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world!
Over the last few decades, Burj Khalifa has been attracting tourists and solo travellers from across the world. The building rises up into the sky and surpasses its surrounding skyscrapers, making them look like small toys in front of Burj Khalifa. And the top of Burj Khalifa resembles a needle-like spire that leaves a shadow behind while soaring up into the sky. When you witness this gorgeous building, you will be awestruck!
When you plan your solo trip to Dubai, Burj Khalifa is something you cannot afford to miss. It will not only enhance your travel experience but also make Dubai a memorable trip of your life.
But before you pack your bags and plan your itinerary, let me tell you some things that you need to know before visiting Burj Khalifa. Trust me, these things will make your experience of witnessing Burj Khalifa beautiful!
1. How to reach Burj Khalifa?
Since Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in Dubai and the world, it would not be too difficult for you to spot where it is. It is located in Dubai Downtown and is at a short distance from Dubai Mall. The fastest and easiest way to reach Burj Khalifa is via metro. You can take the Red Line and get down at the Burj Khalifa Station. From the station, you can take a bus (the F13 one) and get down at the next stop – the Dubai Mall Bus Stop.
From the bus stop, it will take you approximately 15 minutes to reach Burj Khalifa. If you are the walking kind, then definitely opt for this option and explore the nearby beautiful places as well. Otherwise, you can take a cab or taxi to reach your destination.
2. Best time to visit Burj Khalifa
When it comes to the best time of the year to visit Burj Khalifa, there is no right answer. Visitors are allowed to visit Burj Khalifa any time of the year. But, when it comes to the best time in a day to visit Burj Khalifa, that is something you need to know before making plans.
In my opinion, the best time to witness this iconic building is right before sunset! An already beautiful Burj Khalifa looks even more mesmerising when the sun goes down.
However, many people visit Burj Khalifa during sunsets. So, be prepared to witness a huge crowd. But nevertheless, you can still enjoy watching the iconic building. And do not forget to click Insta-worthy pictures!
3. The ticket price to Burj Khalifa
Now that you know the best time to visit Burj Khalifa let us talk about the prices. You must be aware that Dubai is an expensive country, thanks to every luxurious thing it offers its visitors! But, this does not mean that you cannot fully enjoy visiting Dubai.
The ticket price varies depending on the timings. For instance, if you visit Burj Khalifa during the peak hours, you will obviously notice a slight increase in the prices. Whereas if you visit during other times of the day, the price may be reasonable enough. The entry ticket is worth AED 75. If you decide to go to the top floor of Burj Khalifa, the prices will be more.
Here is a list of different prices that you must consider before buying your ticket to the different floors of Burj Khalifa:
|124th and 125th floors
|124th and 125th floors
|124th and 125th floors + 148th floor
|124th and 125th floors + 148th floor
Also, the Fast Track Pass to the top floor of Burj Khalifa will cost you AED 320. It will not include the 124th and 125th floors. So, if you want to get to the top floor without any additional stops in between, you can opt for the Fast Track Pass.
4. Offers and discounts on the ticket to Burj Khalifa
The ticket prices are extremely high for a solo traveller. The standby tickets cost more than the pre-booked tickets. So, try to book your tickets to Burj Khalifa well in advance of your visit. Also, in some cases, you may not even get tickets to Burj Khalifa during peak hours.
The price you pay for the ticket to Burj Khalifa will mainly depend on the following factors:
- The floor you want to visit
- The number of experiences you want to enjoy
- Pre-booking of your ticket
- Your age
So, when you come across offers and discounts on the ticket, I would recommend you immediately go for it!
On my solo trip to Dubai, visiting Burj Khalifa was one of the top things that I wanted to do in Dubai. And after going through a ton of websites for information about visiting Burj Khalifa, I decided to pre-book my tickets. Luckily, there was a discount going on that cut down the price of my ticket quite a bit!
5. Timings to visit Burj Khalifa
This is an important thing to consider before you plan to visit Burj Khalifa. You do not want to get dressed and reach the location, only to find out that the place has been closed. When I spoke to a few locals on my solo trip to Dubai, they told me that this happens a lot. People do not check the timings of Burj Khalifa and end up wasting their day.
So, keep a note of the following timings before you head out to Burj Khalifa:
|Weekdays (Sunday to Thursday)
|8 am to 10 pm
|Weekends (Friday and Saturday)
|5:30 am to 10 pm
|3 pm to 6:30 pm
|8:30 am to 2:30 pm and 7 pm to 10 pm
6. Observation Decks in Burj Khalifa
On normal days, you will find the “At The Top Level” (124th and 125th floor) to be more crowded as compared to the “At The Top Sky Level” (148th floor). Either way, you are going to have some amazing times.
As you reach the floors, you will come across telescopes. These are specially kept for visitors to notice the details and important landmarks around Burj Khalifa. Well, when you are paying a huge amount to get on the top floor of the tallest building in the world, would you not want the views to be mesmerising?
The observation decks in Burj Khalifa are floor-to-ceiling glass perimeters which allow the visitors to have 360-degree views of the neighbouring areas, including the Persian Gulf, Dubai skyline, and even the desert! Isn’t that cool?
Honestly, I think the views from the observation decks are to die for! The feeling you get from witnessing the gorgeousness around Burj Khalifa is unexplainable in words. I would highly recommend you visit Burj Khalifa and witness the beauty yourself!
7. The mesmerising exteriors of Burj Khalifa
Not just the interior of Burj Khalifa, its exteriors are quite mesmerising as well. The building contains plenty of LED light displays that may not be visible to one’s naked eyes. Every night, a spectacular light show takes place. The beautiful shows will definitely make your jaws drop!
If you are on a tight budget and cannot afford to visit the top floors of Burj Khalifa, do not worry, the light show will make up for it. You can just purchase the entry ticket to Burj Khalifa for the evening shows!
8. Dining at Burj Khalifa
After spending quite some time going around Burj Khalifa and witnessing its beauty, you will definitely feel hungry. To beat your hunger pangs, you can either visit the restaurants around Dubai Downtown or select a good restaurant located inside the building.
Some famous restaurants inside Burj Khalifa that you can check out are:
Located on the 122nd floor, At.mosphere is the highest altitude restaurant in the world, which makes it reason enough to have a meal here. To make your meal a memorable one, you can take a seat near the window.
The meal here for one person will cost you around AED 400, which is quite a reasonable price for the food, view, and place considered!
On my solo trip to Dubai, when I visited Burj Khalifa, this was the restaurant I had my dinner at. The window seat, beautiful views, and the food made the day all the more memorable!
This high-end hotel with its luxurious amenities will spoil you for choices. The Armani Hotel occupies the first fifteen floors of Burj Khalifa. The hotel consists of a total of 304 suites and rooms, six posh restaurants, and a luxurious spa.
Considering the Armani Hotel is a luxurious one, I would suggest you have a meal here if you have the budget. Otherwise, you can have a great evening in Burj Khalifa and then head to other restaurants to fill your tummy.
9. Download the Burj Khalifa app
The Burj Khalifa app, known as At The Top, will come in handy when you visit this iconic building. The app will make your experience smooth and easy.
Using the app, you can:
- Book tickets easily
- Get the latest information on events and programs happening in Burj Khalifa
- Browse through wonderful facts and information on Burj Khalifa and share them instantly on your social media and other platforms
- Instantly get all the information to plan your visit
- Check the Burj Khalifa tower in augmented reality
- Access everything you need to know about Burj Khalifa without having to be a tech geek (basically, an easy-to-use app)
- Get a free audio tour to make your visit to Burj Khalifa smooth
To know some amazing facts about Burj Khalifa, click here.
A few tips on visiting Burj Khalifa
Now that you know all the things you need to keep in mind while visiting Burj Khalifa, here are a few simple tips that will make your experience even better and smooth.
- If you visit Burj Khalifa to witness the sunset, I would recommend you visit on a weekday. Usually, weekends attract a lot of tourists, and it may hinder your experience of visiting Burj Khalifa.
- A very important tip to keep in mind, there are no entrance doors to Burj Khalifa. You will have to enter Burj Khalifa through the Dubai Mall. The entrance to Burj Khalifa is through the mall exit near the fountain.
- If you carry large bags and luggage to Burj Khalifa, you will not be given an entry. However, you can keep your luggage at the security baggage counter. So, make sure you carry smaller handbags, cameras, or other accessories that you can easily carry inside.
- Make sure you carry some food items and a bottle of water with you. But, if you opt to go to the 148th floor, you will be given refreshments and traditional dates. Otherwise, you are on your own.
- A little fun tip, if you get a chance to visit Burj Khalifa during foggy mornings, do not let the chance go. When you visit the top floor on a foggy morning and look down on the surroundings, you will feel as though you are standing above the clouds. And the 360-degree observation deck will only make this experience a rather special one. Oh, and while you are there, do not forget to click some amazing pictures!
- Dress appropriately. This is an important aspect to take care of when you visit Dubai. You will be required to wear clothes that cover your entire body. Also, just to be on the safe side, carry a scarf with you.
- Plan the rest of your day accordingly. Depending on the slot you choose to visit Burj Khalifa, if time permits, you can spend the rest of your day exploring places in Downtown Dubai.
I hope this helps you plan your visit to Burj Khalifa easily. If circumstances allow, you can even make friends as you go on exploring this gorgeous building. One thing is for sure, and that is, you will have a lot of fun in Burj Khalifa!
Which is your favourite thing about Burj Khalifa?
An introverted blogger who is looking to make unforgettable solo travel memories with one short life.