What are the Timings of Saheliyon Ki Bari?
Saheliyon Ki Bari, or the Garden of Maidens, is the iconic garden of Udaipur. The Garden of Maidens is popular among travellers for its history, architecture, and beauty. So without a doubt, you must include it in your Udaipur itinerary. The timings of Saheliyon Ki Bari are quite flexible. You can visit the place every day anytime between 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. If you want to witness the garden at its best, then plan your solo trip to Udaipur between October and February.
Even on a tight budget, you can visit Saheliyon Ki Bari as this popular tourist destination lies on the affordable side. If you are a domestic traveller, you have to pay Rs.10 as an entry fee. However, if you are a foreigner, you must pay Rs.50. In my opinion, every penny spent as an entry fee is worth it. You will realise this as soon as you step into the garden!
The history of Saheliyon Ki Bari
Udaipur is a city with rich historical background that intrigues every traveller. Similarly, you must be curious to know about the backstory of Saheliyon Ki Bari. This Garden of Maidens is a symbol of love. It also showcases why Udaipur is known as one of the most romantic cities in India.
The exquisite Saheliyon Ki Bari was built by Maharana Sangram Singh for his wife to relax and enjoy amidst nature. This garden ideally became an escape zone from all the chaos of politics for the queen and her 48 maids! What a sophisticated life she has lived! These ladies spent hours walking, admiring, and relaxing in nature.
The architecture of Saheliyon Ki Bari
You are in for a treat inside the Saheliyon Ki Bari. The architecture of the bygone era will make you spellbound! The garden has fountains, kiosks, pools, sculptures, lush green lawns, and pavilions. Indeed, a paradise for nature lovers! The ambiance of this place is what makes every traveller visit the place.
As soon as you enter this marvellous garden, the lotus pool and bird fountains will draw your attention. You will also notice a pavilion of raining fountains inside the garden. This was an addition made later by Maharana Bhopal Singh. Every piece inside the garden is a work of art. If you love such works, you have another solid reason to visit Saheliyon Ki Bari.
Why should you visit Saheliyon Ki Bari?
You should visit Saheliyon Ki Bari as it is a perfect destination for nature lovers, and below are some more reasons.
- Photographers find this garden way too beautiful. Even if you are not a professional photographer, you will automatically reach for your phone to capture the beauty in the frames. You will also have a couple of beautiful pictures to flaunt on your Instagram stories by the end of your trip!
- You can spend some quality time in solace. The ambiance lets you relax and unwind.
- This garden was specially built for the queen and her ladies. So, wouldn’t it be a crime if you didn’t include this garden in your Udaipur itinerary?
- An insight into the architectural work of the Mewar dynasty is another reason for you to visit the place.
How to reach Saheliyon Ki Bari
Saheliyon Ki Bari is located near Fateh Sagar Lake. Located at one of the prime locations of Udaipur, the garden is easily accessible. You can reach the garden in different ways by road.
- If you are self-driving, you can drive your car up to the garden. There’s a parking area near the garden as well. Thus, you do not have to worry about parking.
- You can even ride your rented bike to Saheliyon Ki Bari. It is one of the most convenient ways to reach the place.
- Public transport is always at your service. You can take a tuk-tuk ride to the garden. Or you can hop on a public bus—the cheap and comfortable way to reach the Garden of Maidens without hassle.
- You can also go for a private taxi service to reach Saheliyon Ki Bari. I would recommend this if you also have plans of going on any day trips on the same day.
Things to keep in mind while exploring Saheliyon Ki Bari
- If you are visiting during the summer months, it is better to visit the garden in the early morning. Or you can even visit after the sunset. It is just so breathtaking to soak in the evening sun rays while watching the sun go down.
- If you plan to spend a long time inside the garden, do carry some snacks and water. But please do not litter! It is a heritage site, and it is our responsibility to keep the place clean.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. This will help you explore the place easily.
Add Saheliyon Ki Bari to your list
The timings of Saheliyon Ki Bari are so flexible that you won’t find it difficult to add it to your Udaipur itinerary. You can visit the garden any time of the day according to your schedule. You can simply unwind and maybe read a book for some me-time. It is also one of the top places to visit in Udaipur.
Have you already visited Saheliyon Ki Bari? If yes, then do let me know about your experience in the comments below. What did you like the most about the place?
I look forward to your comments.
Till then, keep travelling, ladies.
An introverted blogger who is looking to make unforgettable solo travel memories with one short life.